The last thing any homeowner wants is to need emergency AC service in Parker or surrounding areas. The truth is, any honest and reputable local company does not want their customers to be in that position either. So at Colorado Discount Heating & Cooling what we want to do is teach you how to avoid this situation from coming up, at least as much as possible.
The best way to prevent the need for emergency AC repairs is to apply the 80/20 method. The idea is that if you invest 80% of the service work into preventative service you will only ever need 20% or less in emergency work. This means that more affordable, regularly schedule maintenance and tune-up work can help you eliminate or reduce the need for emergency services.
While the smart idea is to have a professional, local Parker heating and air conditioning specialist to work with, there are a few things you can take care of on your own. Think of it as a sort of in between visits from your contractor checklist and look for some of these warning signs on your own:
- Inspect – What you can inspect on your own without any formal training are things like coils, ducts, blowers or the filters. If anything needs cleaning, make it a point to do so or alert your contractor.
- Leaking – We all know that pooling water around your system is not a good sign. So let your pro know.
- Outdoor Handlers – You would be surprised how the littlest of nature’s debris could get into the outdoor handler and cause a problem. Check for things that could easy be swept off but if it appears that something has gotten inside you should call an expert.
- Cracks – Cracks or broken sealants are certainly another red flag. Check your furnace and air conditioning for this.
- Filters – While it is a good idea to change your filters every 30-60 days, at least make sure they are cleaned in between changes.
Choose the Right Experts
When you hire Colorado Discount Heating & Cooling, you’re getting a locally owned company that is licensed and certified. We are committed to offering our local clients the best in handiwork and customer service. Our main goal is to make sure that you and your family members are safe and comfortable in your home, all year long.
So while we would rather help you prevent the need for emergency air conditioning repairs we know it can still happen. And we will be there for you for any and all of your service work needs.
If you are looking for a Parker heating and air conditioning expert then please call 303-566-1090 or complete our online request form.